Leadership development program at Principal®
The Leadership Development Program (LDP) is a full-time accelerated development path that builds a future pipeline of plug-and-play leadership talent for the organization. At Principal, the LDP Associates cycle across various business areas to learn the ins and outs of the enterprise. Our program offers 4-6 self-selected rotations, for approximately 6 months each.
What’s in it for you?
Here’s what you will gain as an LDP Associate:
- A fast-paced start to your career at Principal that accelerates your leadership skills
- A wide range of individually tailored experiences through enterprise rotations
- Professional development planning through individualized mentorship and coaching
- Exposure to senior leadership, executive sponsor visibility, and support from strong leaders
- An opportunity to define and develop your leadership style through formal and informal leadership experiences
- Peer support and shared learning through the LDP cohort
- Support in attaining placement within Principal and launch into your career
If you have demonstrated leadership skills, business acumen, and a willingness to be challenged, the Leadership Development Program may be a great fit for you!
Applications are typically accepted in the fall. Visit the job board to determine if applications are currently being accepted.
Want to learn more about the Leadership Development Program? Watch this video:
Sales development program
Build a sales career with a Fortune 500 company
With our Sales Development Program (SDP), we help you find the right place on our team—and make a difference in millions of lives, every day.
We’ve design the SDP program with you in mind. You’ll get a professional training experience with the tools and resources to help you build a rewarding sales career. Add to that hands-on field experience and competitive salary with benefits, you’ll be able to learn the employee benefits industry without the pressures of a commissions based environment.
What else can you expect?
- Mentorships with senior sales peers and sales leaders
- Networking with successful SDP alumni
- Selling skills training
- Learning the business from a professional training team and the local sales team
- Competitive full-time pay and benefits while training
If you are ready to start your rewarding sales career and enjoy a competitive, relationship-based role, the SDP may be a great fit for you.
Check out our available SDP positions to find out which locations have openings and then apply.
Hear from a couple of recent SDP employees who have completed the program and grown their career with us:
Make a difference and expand your career
Providing excellent customer service is a foundation to our success. We show that we care more, know more, and do more to service our customers. Experts like you build and expand customer relationships by delivering prompt, accurate, and proactive service.
Whether you're just starting out in your career, or looking for a new career path, our client service roles may be just the step you need to build a long-term career with ample opportunities. You could be supporting client requests, speaking with them over the phone, or helping deliver key messages through our intermediaries. No matter where you fit, you'll be impacting our clients lives.